Guillaume has an extensive experience in the construction industry. He earned his Master degree in law from the University of Paris II – Assas in 1987 and his postgraduate degree from the University Paris I – Pantheon-Sorbonne in 1988. Guillaume joined the PS Consulting team in 2016.
Throughout his career, Guillaume has been working for more than 25 years as senior in house legal counsel and as legal manager for the major companies in the construction industry in France and internationally (Bouygues, Engie, Colas… ) for a variety of works and services including drafting and negotiation of international construction contracts, claims management, dispute resolution and arbitration and more.
Guillaume Sauvaget has worked in over 30 countries on 5 continents and was based during his career in United States, Russian Federation, South Africa and Central Europe, continuously adding to his elaborate portfolio, which includes high profile projects such as Caspian Pipeline Project in Russian Federation or PPP highway project in Hungary. With his tremendous experience, Guillaume has established himself as one of the industry’s leading professionals in contract negotiation and management and claim resolution.
Since he joined PS Consulting as Partner in 2016, Guillaume has helped his clients with a variety of services including dispute resolution, international construction contracts negotiation, claims management and has started to be nominated to serve as a neutral on dispute boards.
He is fluent in French, English, and has a working knowledge of Russian.
Date of Birth
- University Paris I Panthéon – Sorbonne, FRANCE (Postgraduate degree, International Trade Law)
- University Paris II Assas, FRANCE (Master of Law, with honors, specialization : Business and tax Law)
- Language: French (mother tongue); English (Fluent) ; Russian (Intermediate)
2016 - present
|Partner - PS Consulting (Contracts Management & Dispute Resolution)|
2016 - present
|Partner - Global Construction & Infrastructure Legal Alliance (GcilA)||
2007 - 2016
|COLAS S.A. – Roads and Civil Works – Turnover Group: 13 billion €.
Legal Director – Group Legal Department (including 1 year secondment to Colas Ile-de-France Normandy) - 2013/2016.
Legal Director and Insurance manager for Central Europe (based in Budapest – Hungary – 2007 - 2013). Turnover: 1billion Euro. In charge of the legal and insurance strategy for the group in the area: 18 lawyers/9 countries.
2002 - 2007
|ONDEO INDUSTRIAL SOLUTIONS (SUEZ Group)
Outsourcing in waste and process water treatment plant for the industrial sector in France and Europe – 10 subsidiaries – Turnover: 200 million €.
General Counsel and Insurances Manager: Creation of the legal department - 3 employees including 2 lawyers. In charge of the legal and insurance strategy for the group, identification and risks analysis.
1991 - 2002
|BOUYGUES – International Building Division (including 2 years in Moscow – 1998-1999) - Turnover: 1 billion Euro.
Vice General Counsel (2001) – Legal international division.
In charge of the following areas – ex USRR – Central Europe and Africa with a team of 3 lawyers.
1989 - 1991
|SHEARMAN & STERLING (Law Firm)
Mergers and Acquisitions practice group- Paris Office (1990/91). International Trade practice group- Washington D.C. Office (1989/90).
- Postgraduate degree, International Trade Law, 1988
- Master of Law, with honours, specialization: Business and Tax Law, 1987
- Selected as candidate for accreditation on Syntec-Ingénierie – Member French list of FIDIC Adjudicators
- Member of the Shearman & Sterling Alumni Association
- PS Consulting is a member of the French National Committee of the ICC
- ICC Geneva, co-house legal counsel on a 30 M € dispute regarding the design and construction of a highway in Eastern Europe under a FIDIC Yellow Book (amount of the Contract 150 M €). Mainly in charge of the delay and quantum expert report.
- ICC Bucharest, co-house legal counsel on a dispute regarding the construction of a National Road in Romania under a FIDIC Red Book.
- ICC Geneva, co-house legal counsel on a 20 M € dispute regarding the design and construction of a National Road in Eastern Europe under a FIDIC Yellow Book.
- ICC Stockholm, negotiation, management of the contract and preparation of the legal case under a FIDIC Yellow Book as in house counsel on a dispute regarding the design and construction of a commercial centre in Russian Federation.
- Dispute Board under a FIDIC Red Book, leading in house legal counsel on a dispute regarding the construction of a highway in Slovakia.
- Highway PPP in Hungary, leading in house legal counsel for the negotiation and management of the Construction Contract under a FIDIC Yellow Book (Contract amount 850 M €)
- Outsourcing contract for the BP Grangemouth refinery in Scotland: process water and effluent water: leading in house legal counsel for drafting, negotiation, implementation and management of the contract.
- Outsourcing contract for ST Microelectronics site in Crolles (France): process water and effluent water: leading in house legal counsel drafting, negotiation, implementation (financing, construction, and maintenance) and management of the contract.
- Various outsourcing and construction contracts in effluent water and process water in France, United Kingdom, Germany and Spain: writing, negotiation, implementation (financing, construction, maintenance) and management.
- Turkmenistan: drafting, negotiating and implementing a model of contract based on FIDIC 1987 RED BOOK: still in use and for more than 20 years with more than 40 projects for the State of Turkmenistan.
- Lomonosov State University Building (Moscow): drafting, negotiating and implementing a contract for renovation of the façade and the 4 clock towers based on FIDIC 1987 RED BOOK.
- Zhukovski Airport (Russian federation): drafting, negotiating and implementing a contract for the construction of a space centrifuge.
- Various turnkey projects in Poland, Czech Republic and Ukraine for private investors
including financing, acquisition of land, obtaining construction permit.
- Numerous constructions projects for banks, office building, hotels, and commercial centre in Russian Federation, Poland, Uzbekistan, and Kazakhstan mainly based on FIDIC RED BOOK and FIDIC YELLOW BOOK: drafting, negotiation and contract management.
- Caspian Pipeline: Terminal and pipeline to transport Caspian oil from Tengiz field (Kazakhstan) to the Russia’s Black Sea coast: leading in house legal counsel for defining the legal scheme, negotiation, implementation and management of the construction contract (Contract amount : 600 M USD).
- Nuclear Power Plant (Slovakia): in house legal counsel for drafting, negotiating and managing the civil works rehabilitation contract for Phase 3 and 4 of the Project (200 M €).
- Chernobyl Nuclear Power Plant: drafting and negotiating the first design contract for the rehabilitation of the Chernobyl site.
- Numerous constructions projects for highway and roads in central Europe mainly based on FIDIC RED BOOK and on FIDIC YELLOW BOOK: risks analysis, implementation, and contract management.